Menu

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Restlessness

Restlessness
Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure. ~Thomas A. Edison
Restlessness is similar to boredom. The only difference is you tend to panic or worry when you are restless. I am restless right now. In fact, a few things are causing me sleepless nights lately. Albeit, I feel relieved to know that restlessness is an ally.

Another rollback on fuel prices were effected tonight but inflation is still high. The .50 cents rollback will not push prices of basic commodities down. Not to mention that the price of LPG will spike in the next few days. The DOE (Department of Energy) is still denying that there was indeed a shortage in supply.

The controversies over whitewashed drug-related cases bespeak only of further mistrust on our government. Honestly, I am contemplating of going back to the U.S. with the rate things are going here in the Philippines –it is very discouraging.

Although I am very optimistic that this will be a better year, yet there seems to be no good news in sight. Business is still sluggish, and most of my clients are reluctant to shell-out money for new projects.

5 comments:

  1. restlessness as an ally is like looking for the positive sides of what's odd.:)

    but then at least when once in awhile i feel restless, i'll think of this entry. thanks!owe it to your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's exactly what I meant.
    perhaps not only here, but elsewhere if only if we know how to find good things in anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know I was battling with restlessness right now, I read your post at the perfect time - you made me realize this in enough time to make a positive change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes we just don't recognize it, and when we do we fail to channel it.

    thanks for dropping by Paul ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, there are no good news in sight YET. I hope this will be better year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts ^_~