“He, who AIMS at NOTHING, will surely HIT IT!”Everyone has goals. No doubt. Though, not everyone is able to state what they are. In one sense, to have no goal is a goal in itself. ^_^ Aim at nothing, and you will surely hit it.
A purposeful life begins with goals, objectives, dreams or however you wanna call them. How you go through life and how you use your time should always be in relation to achieving your life's goals.
How do you live a goal oriented life? Here are 8 practical steps how:
1. Consider defining and writing your life goals. Writing them gives you aI might have missed some good points. Can you please add on the list?
reference point. Classify them according to a timetable of achievement as follows:
• Short Term –Are goals that needed to be met within the day, week, or month.
• Mid Term –Are goals that needed to be achieved within the year or
within a 5-year span.
• Long Term –Are goals that are achievable longer than a 5-year span.
2. Make your goals inter-related. Meaning, short term and mid term goals should contribute to the achievement of your long term goals.
3. Keep track and adjust whenever necessary. You can only do this if you’ve done Step 1.
4. Mark milestones.
5. Rally all your efforts towards those goals. Go back to Step 2, and ask yourself whether your goals support each other.
6. Celebrate when a goal is achieved, however small.
7. Do not postpone any. You begin postponing one or two, and you wreak havoc to the rest.
8. Don’t quit!