Some people are appalled by the idea that there is no such thing as luck or fate.
I believe that we determine our destiny. We are responsible for what happened with our life, and what has become of us. We make choices, and those choices could breed good or bad --not luck.
They say opportunity comes when we least expect it. I'd say opportunity comes when we expect it, and when we are ready to take it. If you think this way, everything falls in a different perspective.
- For one, we stop blaming people, the government, the economy or even ourselves for what is going around and in us.
- Second, we become proactive. We dictate our situations, we create our own weather and we echo Bruce Lee's philosophy, "To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities!"
- Third, we don't feel being the victim, but rather the victor in everything.
- Fourth, we always find things and ways to be grateful in spite of circumstances.
- Lastly, we don't give up easily, we fight.
The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson