Menu

Monday, January 28, 2008

A Reflection on Hope and Reason

It was Martin Luther King, Jr. who said:
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
He died as martyr and end societal apartheid in the US once and for all. His struggle was not an easy path to take. What kept him? Hope.

When faith falters. Hope. When funds are low. Hope. When friends betray. Hope. When all else fails. Hope. When reason ends. Hope. Do I sound preachy there? Yeah, I think I am. I am trying to calm my soul. I have been experiencing a lot of disappointments lately both at work and my personal life and I am trying to find acceptable reasons for all of these, but found none. Is this what Ralph Waldo Emerson meant when he said:
We judge of man's wisdom by his hope.
Where is wisdom, where is hope, when you cannot find sense in all the ugly things that beset you? “The very least you (I) can do in your (my) life is to figure out what you (I) hope for. And the most you (i) can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof. “( Barbara Kingsolver)

2 comments:

  1. uhmm... how about if i have a hope to not having a hope.. :smile:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the visit and the comment.

    Interestingly, yeah you can hope for hope I think ^_____^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts ^_~