Menu

Monday, October 20, 2008

Sporadic blogging?

problem in schedulesMaintaining several blogs is not an easy feat, especially when you have a day job to keep and a 3-year old son needing your attention. I am not complaining, nor being defensive here. I am making a public confession –I am not being consistent. It's frustrating. I hate it.

I owe it to you and to myself that I should be consistent in my blogging.

Blogging daily for a few weeks, then failing in the next is like mowing your lawn intermittently. It is unsightly and uncomfortable. Other than the fact that you are creating anticipations that, you are not fulfilling. This should not be the case. I apologize.

This can only be rectified by creating a schedule and sticking to it.

Are you on the same predicament? How did you deal with it?

4 comments:

  1. This is a problem a lot of us have. I have done exactly what you just wrote about, written daily for 2 weeks, then not posted for a week.

    One method I have come up with (but not yet tried) is sitting down one evening and not trying to post, but instead writing down a list of 20 topics to write about, that way when you are feeling less than inspired you have already got the topics written down and don't have to think of one.

    I am going to blog about this very subject tomorrow, but I saw your post and wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this, I think it is VERY common!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a relief to know that I am not alone in this. Thanks Jim.

    I love the idea you shared there about making a list of topics to covered, I haven't done that yet. I tend to just type myself away when I feel like a muse is coming or when "I need to" (shame on me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to your situation. I struggle too and because there's only 24 hours a day and some 7-8 hours must be spent on sleeping, some of my blogs have been waylaid :-)

    But fact is, I still started a new blog recently. As of today, there's only 1 post :-(

    To me topics are not really a problem. Instead, it is how to make the post worthy of other bloggers time.

    Keep on blogging!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? Incidentally, I did the same. I started 2 other blogs 3 weeks ago, and until what they have both are the about pages. Tsk tsk.

    Yeah, right on. A post should always be "read-worthy." I think that's one of the most difficult part in blogging. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I offend my readers when I write not "read-worthy" paid post. *sighs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts ^_~