Menu

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random Five: Less is more

random puzzle pieceSensible readers and their expectations: Kcee of BarefootedMe gave me two beautiful recommendations at Blogged and BlogCatalog. Thank you Kcee. From time to time I get to have recommendations and praises from sensible bloggers like her. While ‘accolades’ are flattering, they carry in them certain degree of responsibility and more expectations. Honestly, I am not good at meeting the latter. I am trying my best to be sensible here as much as I can, although my frailties and a few dollars (blame the recession! Or Bush? ^_^) sometimes get in the way and I blubber non-senses –will you forgive me please.

Professional Blogging
: 2008 was my debut in problogging and I must say that it was fun, an eye opener, and most of all a potential (main) source of income. In fact, I earned total revenue of $ 5,194 last year! Or roughly $ 432/month. I earned half of those on the first quarter alone. Please don’t ask me how I did it because I am still figuring out how. Again, I beg your forgiveness. I am set at increasing that by 250% this year in spite of the recession. I kept 10 blogs last year, and I am set on maintaining just half of them and devote more time on building quality content.

Offline Consultancy
: This took a hard hit last year. I barely survived and lost half of my clients because of the recession. I am realigning my priorities and plans to find other opportunities in this crisis.

Relationships:
Less is more. Well, I spent lesser time on projects but I spent more time with my son and my family. I need to make amends to a few severed relationships in the past and find some closure there.

Love
: I am open. Anyone available? I am still available. (Oh shameless plugging! Lol)

Money:
Save more and spend less.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the special mention, Ron. :)

    Congratulations on the success of your problogging venture (treat! treat! ^^) hopefully you meet your goals, if not, surpass them again this year.

    On love: The best is yet to come. You'll have it when you least expect it. (Oh, I'm still trying to convince myself to believe the same thing ^^)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Np ^^, you're always welcome!

    I am crossing my fingers on the goals and started drinking more coffee again. Also, I am testing other sources of online gig.

    The best is yet to come? Hmmm, I have always thought that the last one was the best. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one only seem to be the best, until you meet the ONE -your true ever after.

    Forgive me, I can really be mushy sometimes.^^,

    ReplyDelete
  4. the ONE? I never really thought of it that way. I guess, I am the type who simply savour the present in any relationship, and move on when it's over.

    Being mushy here is perfectly allowed ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the ONE you never thought existed; the ONE you will eventually meet after you have moved on from your last relationship. The LAST ONE you'll spend the rest of your life with.

    I sound like my head is over the clouds, I know! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. lemme think about that ^__________^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you'd say that. ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, what can I say? you got me cornered again :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Graciously cornered, at that. ^^ By the way, I have an award for you here - my turn to make you blush. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts ^_~