Menu

Friday, October 22, 2010

When Quitting is the Only Choice

When things go wrong as they sometimes (or aptly, more often) will…rest if you must, but don’t you quit!
The phrase kept reverberating in my head. Nagging.

I’m no quitter, although on a few occasions I did. Serious reasons, of course. Whilst it never occurred to me that I’ll pass that road again, and I have to quit.

Now, hear me.


There are moments in our lives where the best thing to do is quit, surrender, give-up, throw the towel, bail-out, etc. It’s not a question of what is right or wrong, moral or immoral, nor out of convenience but of principle and for the greater good of many. This includes deciding whether you resign from your job or stay, break-up with this person or work it out, and so on. Quitting could be a better option. Could be. And sigh, “…fight another day.”

Although what I am espousing here is not as the same with the predicament of Jan as he wrestles with the issue of quitting smoking, albeit, I’d like to take his lead, adapting to my context of course:

Quitting while still ahead. But only because it has forgot to put me under the grave yet. It’s insane to tempt the fates further. I’d rather quit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts ^_~