Menu

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2011 – Moving Forward

I went back to corporate ‘rigging’ in 2009 till 2010 –nothing has changed. That is in so far as my expectations and how the way things are in that work environment. I changed though, in many ways.

For one, I learned that while you cannot please everybody, there are those who will value you for what you are and not for what you can give. This means, true respect, admiration from other and friendship.

 Two, I was ‘born-again.’ Some call it as going through a mid-life crisis; others, finding your sense of purpose and life’s meaning. I believed I had both. Not that I don’t have the latter, that corporate experience fastened it solidly in my being. I was ‘born-again’. With that, I felt that I can take on the world again without fears and reservations.

Lastly, I started valuing relationships again; family, business, and friends. You can never buy these. Never.

In all these, as Helen Keller puts it, "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

With that, I am moving forward in 2011