Menu

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Choice is Ours...

A busy executive Mom wrote these inspiring notes* to her daughter:
I am an incurable optimist myself. Although, there are times where I falter. I doubt. I fear. But most of the time I stand resolute that tough times, and tougher ones, are only temporary. There is always a “bigger plan.” It is just but a matter of patiently discovering it amid the noise and bad news that beset us everyday.

The choice has always been ours. To believe or to doubt. To fear or to stand stouthearted. To give up or to persist. It’s a choice. The negative path is more often the easier one to take, albeit taking our future in peril. The positive path is harder, if not harsher, to take. But in it lies a better future. With little sacrifice, a dash of patience, and hope, everything will somehow turn-out for the better.

Am I making sense?

*The No Complaining Rule, p.117


2 comments:

  1. Very moving, and very meaningful! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you absolutely made sense...

    nice entry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts ^_~